Setting up your Wahoo KICKR CLIMB
After pairing the KICKR CLIMB to your existing Wahoo KICKR smart trainer and then adding the KICKR smart trainer to The Sufferfest Training System, grade simulation will be available in Sufferfest workouts which support climb activity.
Climb control is currently only available via Bluetooth trainer control on MacOS and iOS.
|Figure 1: Bluetooth Trainer Connection||Figure 2: FE-C Trainer Connection (Ant+)|
In order for the Climb to connect and work properly with your Wahoo smart trainer you need to establish the Bluetooth connection with the trainer on the Ride Check screen in The Sufferfest App (Figure 1). The FE-C trainer connection will not work with the Climb (Figure 2).
Note: Need help setting up your Wahoo KICKR or KICKR Snap? Visit this section of our help center for instructions.
The KICKR CLIMB works exclusively with the following Wahoo Smart Trainers:
- KICKR: Edition released August 2017
- KICKR: Edition released July 2018
- KICKR CORE: Edition released July 2018
- KICKR SNAP: Edition released July 2017
Step 1: Unlocking your Wahoo KICKR CLIMB
- Lock Mode (see Figure 3) ensures the KICKR CLIMB will only respond to commands received from the KICKR CLIMB remote unit.
- Unlock Mode allows the CLIMB to react to grade changes from The Sufferfest Training System. Using the remote unit, you will need to switch the KICKR CLIMB unit to Unlock mode (Figure 4) in order to use its grade simulation in TSTS. Refer to your Wahoo KICKR CLIMB owner’s manual for further information on this control.
Note: Further information can be found at: https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001263184-How-does-the-KICKR-CLIMB-pair-to-my-KICKR-or-KICKR-SNAP-
|Figure 3: Lock Mode||Figure 4: Unlock Mode|
Step 2: Pairing the KICKR CLIMB with your KICKR or SNAP smart trainer
- Ensure KICKR CLIMB and KICKR or KICKR SNAP are plugged in and powered on with the CLIMB’s blue LED illuminated.
- Press and hold the center lock mode button on the KICKR CLIMB remote for 3 seconds until the center white LED flashes steadily.
- Hold the CLIMB's remote near the KICKR or KICKR SNAP until the center white LED flashes quickly, then turns solid. The center white LED remains illuminated and solid while connected and successfully paired to the smart trainer. It may be helpful to power each Wahoo KICKR unit on separately at this time to help ensure connectivity.
- Confirm that the KICKR CLIMB’s blue LED is illuminating the ‘Unlock’ indicator as performed in Step 1, above.
- You can now use your Wahoo KICKR CLIMB with The Sufferfest Training System on supported workouts that feature gradient climb simulations.
Still Having Trouble?
If you are having troubles getting your CLIMB connected, let the minions give you a hand. Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org