The Windows App was released on October 7th. We hope the Nation of Sufferlandrian is just as excited. However, we do understand that the Windows App may not meet everyone's current setup or capabilities. As we move forward the Minions at App Development will be integrating capabilities over the next year.
Here is our list of current capabilities and a forecasted timeline:
Windows Beta Release on October 7th:
- Stream any video in The Sufferfest library
- Connect ANT+ power meters, heart rate sensors, and cadence sensors
- Virtual Power for supported trainers
- Do the videos with power, heart rate zone, and cadence targets with colored squares that show you if you are on target, above, or below.
- Power targets are scaled to your FTP. If you don’t know your FTP, start with Rubber Glove. The app will suggest your FTP as 95% of your best 20 minute average power for Rubber Glove.
- Heart rate zones are set based on your LTHR. Rubber glove will suggest your LTHR if you complete it with your heart rate monitor connected to the app.
- Adjust the workout intensity before you start and during the workout. Use up/down keys during workout.
- Play and Pause the video using the onscreen button or the spacebar. (Auto play/pause coming soon)
- Seek in a video. Just drag the red handle under the graph while the video is paused.
- Watch your power data in the chart below the video as the green line. The grey chart shows the target for that part of the video.
- Add notes and change the name of the activity once you are finished. (Sharing buttons show up but are disabled at the moment).
- Discard your workout from the Activity Success screen by pressing the trash can. Or discard a workout from the passport page
- Save your activities to the cloud where they’ll be synced to other devices running the app.
- Sort the videos by name, type, and duration.
- Search videos by name
- Keep track of the activities you’ve done on the passport.
- See total time ridden
- See how many times you’ve completed each video and compare stats between them.
- See graphs with ride data as you mouse over them for cadence, heart rate and power.
- Set your FTP, LTHR and other settings and keep them in sync in the cloud.
- Connect your Strava and TrainingPeaks account. (exporting to these services coming soon).
- Watch sample footage from the videos.
- ANT+ FE-C Smart Trainer Control
- Sharing To Social Media Platforms
Capabilities Finished November:
- Video Downloads for Offline Use (complete)
- New Sufferlandrian Training Videos (complete)
- Free training plans (Complete)
- Yoga Videos(Complete)
- Out of Beta(Complete)
Capabilities Coming December:
- Training Plans Added to The App(Complete)
- Squashing Couchlandrian Bugs! (Always)
Capabilities Coming January to Feb 2017:
- Squashing Couchlandrian Bugs (Some capabilities pushed later to focus on the Tour of Sufferlandria on Feb 4th)
- New Content (Primers, Cadence Video, and The Shovel)
- The ability to reconnect sensors during the workout (Complete)
Capabilities Coming Later in 2017
- Basic Bluetooth support for Windows
- Achievements Page
- Sharing to additional Social Media Channels
- Custom Support for Non FE-C trainers
- Power Match
- Companion Capability
Other Improvements coming in the future:
- Android App
- Workout Creator/Custom Workouts
If you have any questions about this list above, please contact TheMinions@TheSufferfest.com .