Before you do your first Sufferfest workout, you'll need to enter some personal details so the app knows who you are, what your fitness level is and what social platforms you'd like to share workouts to. You can do this on the 'Settings' page, accessed from the top navigation of the app.
MEASUREMENT, GENDER AND WEIGHT
- Do you speak miles or kilometers? Be sure to indicate "Imperial" or "Metric" measurements.
- Select your gender
- Input your weight.
Be sure to select the wheel size that applies to your bike/trainer. If you have an Elite Trainer, pick the corresponding Elite trainer for a specific wheel size. (Elite Trainer Connection Article) For all other wheel off trainers, pick the default wheel size.
SET YOUR CURRENT FITNESS LEVEL (FTP and LTHR)
If you're going to train with heart rate, virtual or real power, then the app needs to know how fit you are. The app does this through two different metrics. They are:
- FTP: This is for virtual and real power. It stands for "Functional Threshold Power" and is your sustainable maximum power you hold for one hour.
- LTHR: This is for heart rate and stands for Lactate Threshold Heart Rate. It's your average Heart Rate for a one minute effort.
When the app knows your values, it can set personalised power and heart rate targets for every workout.
- If you know your FTP and/or your LTHR, you should enter them now.
- If you don't know your values, then the app will just use a default FTP value of 200 watts. You can ride using these defaults, although the workouts won't be personalised to your fitness levels and you won't be getting the most effective workout. Keep in mind you can adjust the intensity in the workout by tapping the screen and adjusting up or down to better dial in the workout.
- If you want to know your values, then you just need to do the 'Rubber Glove' fitness test video in the app. After finishing that video, the app will automatically will calculate your FTP and LTHR for you.
Want to learn more?
- FTP Test: Rubber Glove FAQ
- What The Heck is FTP, TSS, IF, and LTHR?
- How Do You Calculate LTHR?
- Download the RPE to FTP Mapping sheet
CONNECTING TO STRAVA, FACEBOOK, TRAINING PEAKS
You can also connect our Strava, Training Peaks, and Email accounts in the settings page. Just click the logos and enter your details. You can stop sharing at any time by un-ticking the logos.
If you are having difficulties connecting to Strava or Training Peaks, try using a different web browser. Some users have had problems with Chrome and Internet Explorer. Using Firefox or Safari works very easily. Still having issues? Check out the Article, "Sharing to Strava, Training Peaks, and Emails".
In the download section you can see all of the videos you have downloaded. You can delete videos from this menu or the main video list. You can also see your available disk space in this section. You need 1.5 times the space of a downloaded video to finish a download. That means if you want to download a 1gb video, you need 1.5gb of free space available. You can download up to 3 videos at a time.
MANAGING YOUR SUBSCRIPTION
The Subscription section lets you know when your subscription is due and if it is still active. You can cancel, upgrade or downgrade your subscription from here. Are you having problems logging in right now? Are you getting some sort of error message? Check out the article, "Fixing Log In Errors."