This is a common question for many who are new to Sufferlandria. Don't worry though, we are here to welcome you and guide you in your new fitness journey. Deciding to ride your bike indoors, train to our videos, or even head down the path of Structured suffering can seem a bit intimidating. Let's not worry about all of that right now. Here is what you should be doing the first week or two weeks in the training app.
Learning The Ins/outs of Your Equipment
There are many different trainers you can buy on the market that are smart and non smart trainers. Part of your experience with the Sufferfest Training Centre, is getting familiar with your equipment. For example, the Wahoo KICKR Snap does a very good job holding resistance at lower wheel speeds (think 39x27 gear ratio) where the TACX Bushido Smart struggles at lower wheel speeds because it generates it's own power.
- Article for Supported Smart Trainers
- Article for Connecting Your Equipment
- Article for Supported Sensors/PowerMeters
The same goes for Non Smart Trainers. If you have a trainer that has different levels of resistance, some videos may be better at higher resistance levels than others. This is part of the familiarity process. Don't feel like you need to jump into a training plan the very first week you start using the Sufferfest Training Centre. Get a feel for the videos, how the equipment responds to different videos, and how the sensors report to the App.
Understanding The Videos
So, you have suffered to your very first video, what should you do next? The Minions at Sufferlandrian Services recommend that all new Sufferlandrians get a feel for the different types of videos we have (Types of Sufferfest Workouts). Click that link as a good place to start before you get into testing for your FTP. Just take a week to enjoy some of the variety in the App before we commit to doing the video Rubber Glove. Rubbler Glove is there to help you set your Functional Threshold Power (What The Heck is FTP, TSS, IF, and LTHR?) which will dictate all of your wattage targets for each video. Read our blog article; FAQ for the Rubber Glove FTP Test.
Which videos do we recommend? Here are some of the Minions favorites to try out. You can also check out our page "Where Do I Start?"
- Getting Away With It: Take a tour with Mike Cotty and work on some Tempo intervals and Pedal Stroke Efficiency.
- Power Station: Listen to some great music that matches the 11 efforts of low cadence climbing.
- The Omnium: Push your cardio vascular limits with Track Cycling.
- Mini Blender: Try our shorter version of Blender and work on that endurance.
- The Shovel: Work on your Speed and Raw Strength.
- Stretching After Suffering: Try one of Abi Carver's Yoga Videos after your Sufferfest Session.
Who is Grunter Von Agoney, what are Pain Suckers, and who is this Fluffy we are talking about? Learn more about Sufferlandria and Sufferlandrian history with the links below:
Asking For Help
The Minions at Sufferlandrian Services are also here to help guide you through your journey. Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions. We also have some great resources below:
- Sufferfest Community Forums.
- Tour Of Sufferlandria Facebook Page
- Sufferlandrian Knighthood Quest Planning Facebook Page